Welcome to Rat Records
I'm Tom Fisher, the record buyer for the best second hand vinyl record shop in South London: Rat Records, Camberwell. I want to buy your vinyl record collections and CDs. I've been buying record collections since 1988. I collect nationwide, pay cash and can take the lot. Get in touch for a quote.
In the Rat Records London shop, we sell an eclectic range of music from Rock to Reggae, Blues, Jazz, Soul, Funk, Hip Hop, Punk, Indie, Metal, Alternative, World and all kinds of Electronic music on vinyl and CD.
We specialize in vinyl. We love records! Visit us!
"I was really happy with the record buying service from Rat Records. Tom was really friendly, helpful and most importantly fair in his appraisal of the collection.
Tom makes the process of selling a record collection very painless! He explains the prices and then systematically goes through the whole collection. He then boxes them up, hands over money for them, then drives them off to Rat Records."
How to Sell Your Records & CDs
I make it quick and easy.
Get in touch and I'll give you a quote over the phone/email.
Then I make an appointment to come and buy your vinyl record & CD collection.
I'm friendly, fair, knowledgeable and professional. I make it simple to sell your records.
I buy vinyl record collections and CDs nationwide, pay cash and can take the lot. Distance is no problem. I want your records. Deal with an expert record buyer.
Read what real people who've sold their records to me say>
If your Record or CD collection is worth money, we'll buy it.
Fresh vinyl this week
Tom buys records all over the country to make sure 100 new-in vinyl records go out every day...
October 16, 2020
Sneak Peek: click here
Obscurities and classics on vinyl all the way this week. Superb selection going out and being topped up with more records every day. Browsing is calm, sales are brisk, the racks are stuffed. What you waiting for?
RAT RECORDS Shop
Visit the Rat Records shop in Camberwell. You are going to get a second hand vinyl bargain. We price records to sell, pile them out on Saturday and mark down everything once a month.
Please see the Inner Sleeve blog and our Facebook page for current details.
Live DJ sets, recorded instore, madly eclectic and brilliant selection...
August 4, 2020
Link to the Rat Sessions DJ sets below.
New-in CDs this week
We put out over 50 fresh CDs every day...
INNER SLEEVE: the rat records blog
Stories from 30 years of buying and selling records and what really goes on in a second hand record shop.
Visit the Inner Sleeve blog page>
Shop during the pandemic
Here’s what we’ll be doing;
1. We will have a regular daily sanitising and cleaning regime.
2. Our opening hours will now be 11:00am - 6.30pm, Monday-Saturday to allow us to clean thoroughly every day.
3. We will be adding New-In records daily, rather than just on Saturday, to reduce crowding.
4. The New-In vinyl will be spread out throughout the shop in alternate bins to help with social distancing.
5. We have rearranged the layout of the shop and have brand-new racking which is much slimmer and gives us a much more spacious layout.
6. We have reduced the vinyl listening decks to 2 stations in order to be able to maintain distancing and will limit sessions at times of demand. If you want to listen to records or CDs, you’ll need to please bring your own headphones.
7. We have a brand-new card machine and will now take card payments, as well as cash.
There are some things we’ll need your help on too to keep everyone safe:
1. Please don't come in if you feel unwell.
2. We will have hand sanitiser at the door, which we ask you to use on entering. If everyone does this before they browse, the stock is kept clean and hygienic for everyone.
3. As per current government guidelines, you will need to wear a face covering in the shop.
4. Please try to keep your 1m+ social distancing from other customers.
5. For everyone’s safety, we may need to limit numbers in the shop at times of heavy demand so please wait at the door until we give you a wave to come in if we are busy.
We have increased the vinyl rack capacity by more than 150% and have twice as much vinyl on sale. Previously we had about 2500 units on sale. We are aiming for 6000 units by the end of the month. There is A LOT OF NEW IN VINYL in store!
Can’t wait to see you all really soon!